Effective as of July 19 2023
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- We Do Not Knowingly Process Children’s Information
- Information Security and Storage
- How Long We Keep Your Information
- Sharing of Information for Business Purposes
- Your Privacy Rights and Choices
- Notice to California Residents
- How to Contact Us with Privacy Concerns
Information We Collect
Personal Information that we collect directly from you
When You Register Online. Online registration is necessary to purchase any products from our website. As part of the registration process, you provide us with information about yourself, including your name and address, contact information, purchase information.
When You Purchase Products. When you purchase products directly from our website, your order is processed via Shopify CMS, plus any of the following payment service providers: Shopify Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Meta Pay, or PayPal. These entities collect personal information that allows us to complete the sale contract (e.g., name, shipping address, payment information). For information about how these vendors process your data, please visit the privacy policies available on their websites.
When You Subscribe to Our Marketing and/or Newsletters. Visitors to our website are provided the opportunity to subscribe to direct marketing communications, including direct email marketing, SMS and telephone marketing communications, and as well as our newsletter. When you subscribe to any of these services, we collect your name, telephone number, and email address.
When You Contact Us. Visitors to our website are provided with the opportunity to send Houbigant a message containing questions or feedback via a “contact us” link. The information provided includes the visitor’s name, email address, and the contents of the message. This information is used to respond to visitors’ and customers’ inquiries, and/or to inform the business.
When You Apply for Employment. When we are hiring employees in the United States, we receive and process the data in applicants’ resumes.
Information we collect by automated means
Information Necessary to Display Website. When you visit our website, we collect data that your browser transmits to our server (“server log files”), such as the date and time you accessed the website, the amount of data sent, the source of how you came to the website, the web browser you used, the operating system you used, and the IP address you used (if applicable, in anonymized form). This information is necessary for us to display our website to you, and we use this information for purposes of improving the stability and functioning of our website.
Our website is also available as a mobile site that you can access on your mobile device. If you use a mobile device to access our website, we may collect the following mobile-specific information in addition to the information described above: device or advertising ID, device type, hardware type, media access control (“MAC”) or address, international mobile equipment identity (“IMEI”), the version of your mobile operating system, the platform used to access our Website, location information, and usage information about your device and your use of the Websites.
Cookies and Pixels. This Site uses several different kinds of cookies and tracking pixels (“pixels”). Cookies are small text files that are stored on your end device by your web browser. Pixels are tiny pieces of code placed on web pages. Cookies and pixels allow us to collect information about website visitors and their browsing experience(s).
Cookies may be permanently stored on your computer and have a variable duration (“persistent cookies”), or they may not be permanently stored on your device and be automatically deleted when you close your browser (“session cookies”). Cookies may be installed by our Site to track your activity on our Site (“first-party cookies”), or they may be installed by third-party websites that provide various services to us/our Site based on your activity across numerous sites (“third-party cookies”).
This Site uses several different kinds of cookies: (1) technical cookies, which allow the Site to function properly; (2) statistical cookies, which allow us to carry out statistical analyses related to use of our Site; and (3) marketing or profiling cookies, which allow us to carry out personalized activities on our Site.
You can configure your browser to prevent the processing of cookies, or delete them immediately after browsing. You should consult with your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings. You will find that each browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. The Digital Advertising Alliance also has information on how to set cookies, including whether to accept or exclude them.
Please note that some cookies are required in order for the website to be made available in full working order (e.g., technical cookies). Other cookies communicate information that is purely optional. For example, the disabling of statistical cookies makes it impossible for Houbigant to carry out statistical analyses, and the disabling of profiling cookies may make it impossible for Houbigant to provide you with a personalized browsing experience through profiling.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information to:
- Track of your order history
- Process your purchase order(s) and deliver purchased products (in connection with our vendors)
- Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications (if you opt in)
- Provide targeted advertisements (if you consent to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of profiling)
- Provide, display, and improve our website
- Respond to your inquiries
- Improve our product(s) and website, per your feedback
More detail on how we use your information is provided in the section above (“Information We Collect”).
We Do Not Knowingly Process Children’s Information
We do not knowingly collect or process information about anyone under eighteen (18) years of age. We do not knowingly allow Children to communicate with us or engage in or with any of our services. Our Terms of Service require users of our Websites to be at least 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Information Security and Storage
Houbigant maintains reasonable technical, administrative, and physical controls to secure any personal information that we collect, process, and maintain. However, there is always some risk that an authorized party will intercept an Internet transmission, or that someone will find a way to thwart our security systems and/or the security systems of the third party vendors that we rely on to process and store personal information. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting information over the Internet. Houbigant cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not gain access to your personal information; therefore, when providing us with personal information, you must weigh both the benefits and the risks.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We will retain your information for as long as necessary to perform legitimate business purposes and to comply with legal obligations. Information that you provide for advertising, marketing, or newsletter purposes will be maintained until when the data subject requests the erasure and/or revokes consent.
Sharing of Information for Business Purposes
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We only share your personal information with third parties with whom we interact to do business, as described below.
- Business Partners. We have relationships with business partners who help us operate our business. For example, we partner with Shopify to host our website and run our ecommerce solution. We also partner with third-party vendors for client acquisition and search engine advertising, including Google Ads and search engine optimization services.
- Fulfillment of Orders. When you place an order through our website, the order is electronically processed by Shopify and any of the Payment Processors disclosed above (see “Information We Collect”), and shared with us. We share information needed to fulfill you order (e.g., name, address, ordered products) with our third-party warehouse partner, who distributes the ordered products.
- Legal Rights and Obligations. In certain limited circumstances, we may need to disclose your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation or demand, such as responding to legal process (e.g., search warrant, subpoena, summons, or court order), cooperating with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct that is alleged to have been in violation of federal, state, or local law, or to exercise or defend against legal claims.
- Change in Organization. We may share your personal information with any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this privacy notice.
- Cookies and Pixels. As mentioned in the section above titled “Information We Collect” (above), we also share personal information with third parties, including Google and Meta, via the use of third-party cookies and tracking pixels.
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
We provide you with control over your personal information. Below we explain the ways in which you can access and delete your personal information, or exercise other data rights.
- Delete all or some of your personal data;
- Provide you with a copy of your personal data;
- Change, update, or fix your data if it is inaccurate; and/or
- Stop using all or some of your personal or to limit our use of it.
We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
Your exercise of any of these rights will not change the way we treat you.
How to Contact Us with Privacy Concerns
Houbigant is committed to resolving your privacy concerns, including any requests, issues, or complaints. If you, or an authorized agent on your behalf, would like to contact us about any privacy concerns, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In all communications, please include your email address and a detailed explanation of your request. If you would like to delete, amend, or correct your personal information and are contacting us by email, please put “Deletion Request” or “Amendment/Correction Request” in the subject line of the email. If you would like us to cancel your subscription to our newsletter, please put “Cancel Newsletter” in the subject line of the email. We will respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner and may need to further confirm your identity in order to process certain requests.